Wednesday, December 12, 2007

My Kind Of Christmas Tune

Yesterday I was reading the USA Today newspaper and came across an interesting article concerning some rather odd Christmas songs. Of course, I try to find them online and have had no success so instead I'll go to Plan B, which is still a rather strange version of a Christmas chestnut. To me I prefer an unusual version of a Christmas song rather than a more traditional version, as around this time of year you just get sick as shit of hearing all these Christmas tunes that all blur together.

Last year, a tremendous thing happened. Twisted Sister released a Christmas album. Twisted Sister! I realize it sounds rather absurd but at least with the song I'm posting here, it's rather cheesy and campy, yet you can't say it's not entertaining. This tune is a remake of The Twelve Days of Christmas, called Heavy Metal Christmas, where the lyrics are modified to reflect items that a hard rock artist would want, like "4 quarts of Jack" (hey, that sounds like something I'd want to receive!) or a tattoo of Ozzy. Now, how could you hate a song like THIS?

Twisted Sister-Heavy Metal Christmas (8.97 MB, 232Kbits/second)

http://www.zshare.net/audio/55774968249904/

I'll be back Saturday afternoon with a new song. In a few hours I'll post a new song on my mashups blog.

No comments: