Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Well, The Commercial Sucks, BUT...

I realize I could make a "topical" post and post a song from UGK due to Pimp C from the group passing away last week, but I don't know too many UGK songs as it is and it'd probably be best if I went in a completely different direction and yet remain topical.

For the past few weeks now there's been a Jeep Liberty commercial where you have a bunch of animals in the vehicle (and singing via horrible CGI effects) and despite the song that they use it's an awful commercial that does nothing to make me want to purchase the Liberty (isn't "the desire to use the product" the main goal of advertising?) but I guess that "random humor" has sadly become THE humor to use in recent years… but I do not want to go way off-topic here.

Even thought it was number one in America in 1974, you rarely hear it on the radio so that's why I think it's wise enough to tell you all what the song is if you haven't a clue who sang it. It's Rock Me Gently, by Andy Kim. Besides this song he also had a big hit with a cover of Baby I Love You, and in a move that may cause feelings of scorn for some, he co-wrote the song Sugar Sugar. That's mainly what he's known for, but at least he sang a catchy and tasty mid 70's pop confection that is still remembered by someone who thought it would work well in an ad.

Andy Kim-Rock Me Gently (3.99 MB, 160Kbits/second)

http://www.zshare.net/audio/55306381321b2c/

I'll be back Thursday night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the Andy kim song.... i actually like the original version. And No, I don't have a jeep liberty.