Friday, November 28, 2008

A Trio of Finds

Hello everyone. As I plan on mentioning in a blog that I’ll post on MySpace tomorrow night, my computer went kaput on Tuesday night, but the next night an El Cheapo model was purchased and it will be used until next summer, when a high end model will be purchased. At least now I will be able to continue to do these, and upload songs and burn them onto my computer.

This past Sunday I went to Best Buy to pick up Chinese Democracy. If you think of it as Axl Rose and a bunch of other guys, and don’t think about how much time and money were spent on it, and you don’t compare it to Appetite for Destruction, then it’s a good album.

Tonight’s upload… actually, it’s not an upload, but rather I’m pointing out a trio of songs posted recently on other blogs, and as of the past few days they have been very popular downloads.

The first one is a remix of Eleanor Rigby! Yes, you heard right. It’s by Soulwax, who earlier in the year did the awesome remix of You Can’t Always Get What You Want. It sounds sacrilegious, but to me I was never a big fan of that tune, and I think this instrumental remix is actually better. You can download it here.

The second tune I found on this page (try to ignore the frightening picture) and it’s a remix of a song (Cross the Dancefloor) by the Atlanta group Treasure Fingers. It’s a dance group and the remix is by New York dance dudes Designer Drugs. You can download the song on this page. It’s very cool, and has an 80’s electro feel to it.

The third song is from The Prodigy. Yes, the guys who did Firestarter and Smack My Bitch Up. The tune is Invaders Must Die, which is the title song from their upcoming album. It was released online (officially) Wednesday night. It doesn't sound quite like their most famous songs, but it's still pretty cool. You can download the song here.

On my mashups blog (which will be posted in about an hour or so), I will post a mashup of a song from Britney. Really. Speaking of her, I have to mention that Womanizer is HORRIBLE. Of course, Britney has a horrible voice and no audio effects can cover that. The rest of the song is terrible also. Hell, even I Kissed A Girl is better! Of course, Womanizer ended up at number one on the Billboard Charts, but the songs at the top this year… my God!

No comments: