Friday, November 21, 2008

Reminds Me Of Childhood (Or College) Memories

On this day in which my computer is acting up yet AGAIN, I'm going to do something I rarely do, and that's post a track where I can't tell you the artist at all; I honestly don't know who did it. I downloaded it way back during my college days, meaning it had to be back in like 2002 or so. I never found out who did this cover, but considering what Sunday is, it's the perfect tune to post now.

As I'm sure everyone knows by now, Sunday is the day where *finally*, one of the most eagerly anticipated rock albums of all time (or any sort of album all time) is going to be released, and that is Guns N' Roses's Chinese Democracy. Until it was officially announced last month, I thought the Cubs would win the World Series before that damned album would be released. I've heard some of the bootlegs that have come out in recent years (and even wrote about it in a pair of posts here and here; the latter post still has working links to the bootleg tracks) and I personally preferred the "older" GN'R back even during the Use Your Illusion days. Hearing parts of all the album songs on their MySpace page, and I still agree that I prefer the older GN'R… you know, back when Slash and gang were in the group. I'll still get the album on Sunday, though, and until I listen to the entire thing, I won't say for certain how it is, but I think we all know that it'll be impossible to live up to the ungodly amount of hype it has gotten for all of these years. I haven't tried to find leaks to the album before it got released, which makes me better than the denizens on a certain messageboard

Anyway, like I said I found a dance-y cover of Sweet Child O Mine quite a few years ago, and I don't know anything about the artist or artists involved, but I think it's an interesting (and good) take on the song (it's certainly better than a certain female singer's cover of it during the last decade), so up it goes.

Dance-y Version of Sweet Child O Mine (6.92 MB, 192Kbits/second)

I'll be back a week from tonight with something for you on the Thanksgiving holiday weekend. Check my mashups blog tomorrow night when I post something there. Due to my computer problems (thankfully there's no problems tonight) I won't risk it and I'll just post something there tomorrow night.

No comments: