Friday, February 13, 2009

Chi chi chi... ah ah ah...

Or technically, ki ki ki, ha ha ha, as it's officially supposed to be.

Yep, I'm referring to the Friday the 13th series and the newest one to come out, which I saw at a midnight screening last night. I went in with low expectations, given that Platinum Dunes was involved, and they're the ones responsible for God-awful stuff like the "reimagining" of The Hitcher or the Texas Chainsaw Massacre reimaginings. I also heard from some people that saw the new movie beforehand that they didn't care for it... so yep, I went in there with low expectations, and I was pleasantly surprised. I'll be brief here, but I'll mention that I saw it with a great audience that applauded at times, and the people in front of me were rowdy guys, and the people behind me went "RRAAAHHHH!" whenever a scary moment happened, as if they had just soiled their pants; a lot of it may be that, but I had a lot of fun with it; sure, it's technically all that great, but it's a Jason movie, so you should never have high expectations for it as if it was an actual film. Who knows, you may like it if you go yourself.

Anyway, earlier in the month I finally got the 3-D version of Friday the 13th Part III, which for the first time was released on DVD. I haven't watched it yet but hope to soon. I plan on watching another one of the sequels on HDNet later tonight. But, right now the song I'm presenting you is the theme from Friday the 13th Part III. The score to the movie was done by Harry Manfredini (who came up with the ki ki ki, ha ha ha sound that even today is used to identify Jason Voorhees), but I see online that Michael Zager was also involved with it. While I can't confirm it, I must believe that he was the one who did this glorious theme, due to the fact that it's a damn disco theme, and Zager was responsible for the glorious disco classic Let's All Chant and he did it under the name Hot Ice. No matter who's involved, it may be ridiculous for a serious horror movie to have a disco theme song, but then again, it is a 3-D movie... but anyway, enjoy.


Hot Ice-Theme from Friday the 13th Part III (8.46 MB, 320Kbits/second)


I'll be back a week from today with a new tune.

No comments: