Friday, February 6, 2009

Variety Is The Spice Of Life

I’ll be doing something a little different here; this go-around, I will present you with several links that will present music that most of you have probably never heard of before; hell, I haven’t really heard of any of it myself.

As it usually happens, I stumbled upon it while looking at something else. I found out about a prog-rock band from Hungary (!) that was around in the 70’s called Skorpio. I can’t find much info on them at all anywhere, but I stumbled upon this blog entry, which provided some info. There, you can download two entire albums from them; for those of you that like that kind of music, you should dig this. At times on the latter album presented, they got pretty funky, so if you like that too…

That blog, if you go through it, has a bunch of obscure progressive rock (although at times they do other obscure albums that are involved in some way with the rock genre), usually from foreign artists.

To the right of the page is a blogroll of many other sites; I haven’t really visited any of them yet, but if you want to, you should find sites that’ll occupy hours upon hours of your time. You’ll probably also learn some new things; for example, I had no clue there was a genre like Czechlovakian prog-rock!

One of these days I’ll have to go through many of those links to find what gems they hold. The regular Prog Not Frog site has a huge variety of music links for you to digest, no matter what genre it is. You should find something for your fancy with all that variety.

I'll be back a week from tonight, probably around this time, with something new, and yeah, it'll be related to what next Friday is.

No comments: