Monday, April 13, 2009

No More Standing Along The Side Walls

To start things off randomly, I was looking at the website for the House of Blues in Orlando and at first I didn’t notice it, but then I saw that they indeed still had Service Industry Night there, which is a Sunday night get-together where electro music is blasted and you can have a few drinks without spending a lot. I don’t even remember the last time I went to one of them, as another club in Orlando has taken my focus as a place to go to, although SIN is sure as hell a lot cheaper than that club on Church Street… anyway, I’ll be back at SIN sooner or later.

Anyhow, I was wondering what I could upload here and I realized that it makes sense to mention Marvin Gaye, as last week was not only would have been his 70th birthday, but unfortunately, also the 25th anniversary of his death, at the hands of his own father. What a sad way to go, but amongst all the personal drama he had to deal with, he also had an amazing career.

Instead of talking about that sad stuff, let me upload a happy song from him, about a guy who gets the courage to stop being a wallflower at a party and start getting down and having a good time. Yep, I’m talking about Got to Give It Up, and not the single version, but the full album version that was included as the one studio track on his Live at the London Palladium album. It’s great stuff, both the song and the album itself.

Marvin Gaye-Got To Give It Up (16.3 MB, 192Kbits/second)

I'll be back sometime next weekend with something new.

No comments: