Thursday, June 12, 2008

A Pair Of Tremendous Finds

Here is a blog post where I reference two posts I made more than a year ago, where in both I bemoaned that I hadn't found what I was looking for (to quote a famous Irish band), but within a great 24 hour span, I found them both via the greatness that is MP3 Rocket.

The first one is from March of '07. It's the classic instrumental Apache, here done by the Tommy Seebach Band. For the longest time I was looking for an MP3 of it rather than just a downloadable video of it, and finally it was discovered by me, to much glee and merriment. Technically, it's a WMA file rather than an MP3, but you should have no problem playing it, I hope.

Tommy Seebach Band-Apache (4.37 MB, 128Kbits/second)

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/12/28/1667157/Tommy%20Seebach%20-%20Apache.wma

The second tune is from the next month, and is X's version of Wild Thing. I won't repeat the story of how the most common version of the song available online is not only mislabeled, but also sounds spliced together. Rather, I'll just say that I finally found the single version of the song; in this rare case, I don't mind having that and don't pine for an album/longer cut.

X-Wild Thing (Single Version) (3.24 MB, 128Kbits/second)

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/12/28/1667157/Wild%20Thing%20%28Single%20Edit%29.mp3

I'll be back a week from Friday with the next upload.

No comments: