Friday, March 2, 2007

Apache!

I know, I'm doing this at a late hour, but I just got out of bed. I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't get back to sleep. I got online and then realized that this, which I had typed up on MS Word, wasn't put up on here yet. Whoopsie!

While I was looking at the Wikipedia entry for Apache for the entry concerning the Sugarhill Gang I noticed that one version of the song was by Tommy Seebach, a Danish dude, and that the video was high in kitsch value. I didn't think anything of it until a few days later on a messageboard (no, not the two ones I feud with all the time now) I noticed someone post a YouTube link to the video, so I watched it, and I was completely blown away. I know, for some of you, you've seen it already when it was popular like 2 years ago, but I don't look at those hipster sites so this was a new experience for me. It's better (and funnier) than that "All Your Base Are Belong To Us" gobbledygook.

This is simply the greatest music video ever made. You have:

  • Tommy and his band playing out in the middle of the woods.
  • Tommy playing his multi-keyboard setup while looking at the camera like, "I'm Tommy Seebach, motherfucker, and I'm much cooler than you'll ever dream of being!"
  • Three Eurobabes playing the part of Indian princesses.
  • Tommy's maniacal laugh.
  • Tommy standing there, hands on his hips as the Eurobabes feel him up, with the "Yep, I'm fucking awesome" look on his face… as he IS awesome, I have to admit.
  • Tommy taking time out to break it down with the Eurobabes.
  • And so much more.

Unfortunately it's nigh impossible to find an MP3 of the song (just for the purposes of downloading, of course; it's not like I ENJOY the tune or anything… oh ok, I do like the song!) but hey, even better than just hearing the song is being able to enjoy the video on your own TV anytime of the day or not. Here's a link to download said video:

Tommy Seebach-"Apache" music video (44 MB)

http://he.fi/video/apache.mpg

I'll be back during the weekend with a song to download.

No comments: