Sunday, July 6, 2008

More Comedy Rap

Here is something I wanted to post awhile ago, but I had to post some other things first. But now I have the time to present this. It's a rap tune, a genre that I don't post enough of. It's a comedy tune that is "inspired" by a popular rap song from last year. It's from Afroman. Yes folks, Afroman is still around. Most people only know him for Because I Got High. Remember how popular that song was back in 2001? You had it played on Top 40 AND hard rock stations. It wasn't long after that, that his popularity went down the tubes and unless you're a hardcore fan of his you never heard another tune after 2002 or so. But, he's apparently been putting out stuff since then, including a new album this year called Waiting To Inhale. I stumbled upon one of the tunes, called Dicc Hang Low. With a title like that, you'd expect lyrics to be raunchy, and I'd link to them, but no site I know of carries them. But, it includes bon mots like "My dick's hard in this broad" and "Keep the condom on, I gotta check your colon"... enough said.

Yes, the tune is a riff on Chain Hang Low, a ridiculous song in original form even before you take into account the melody being an old minstrel tune! Jibbs is probably another one hit wonder himself, but that's not the point. Anytime that tune is parodied, you can't be bothered by it.

Afroman-Dicc Hang Low (4.62 MB, 192Kbits/second)

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/12/28/1667157/Afroman%20-%20Dicc%20Hang%20Low.mp3

I'll be back on Sunday the 13th.

No comments: