Saturday, January 17, 2009

Seven Horses Seem... To Be On The March

While I was down in South Florida two weekends ago, on the way back home actually, I heard the song Love Her Madly, the classic from The Doors.

When I got home, I figured I should look for the song on Deezer, so that's what I did when I had the opportunity to. To my surprise, I found a different version of the song than what everyone's heard since 1970 or so. It was a different mix of the song, with a longer ending to boot. Deezer said it was from an album entitled The Future Starts Here: The Essential Doors Hits. Even though (from what I heard) the remixes by the longtime Doors engineer are for the most part interesting, if you want to have that album, it should only to go along with a previous album filled with the familiar studio versions of the songs; I mean, you should have the two to complement each other, rather than have the new versions be the only ones that are available for purchase.

But anyhow, here is that remixed version of the song. I could only find the file in MP4 format, but hopefully that won't be a problem for anyone.

The Doors-Love Her Madly (3.38 MB, 128Kbits/second)

I'll be back on Friday night the 23rd.

No comments: