Friday, January 30, 2009

Them Changes

Yep, I'm finally back, and this won't be too lengthy of a post, but I will bring up a great service for those of you looking for MP3's to download without using a site like Morpheus or anything else.

BeeMP3 is a site where you can download songs that were posted online; the great feature is that the songs are uploaded onto the site somehow, so even if the webpage that originally had the song took if off, it's still up there for download.

For example, Ramsey Lewis and his cover of a Buddy Miles song. Originally on Funky16Corners, it's now only available when you do a search for Mr. Lewis, like what I did here.

The song I'm talking about is Them Changes, which I've actually talked about before. I only heard a single version of the Ramsey Lewis cover in single form (the album is from 1970), which I enjoyed; I stumbled upon the full version, and I thought it was very funky and very great. So, given the link I provided, you can download the tune and see if you enjoy it as an awesome slice of R&B. Other songs you want to download from that page are The In Crowd and Hang On Sloopy; the former was a big pop hit then, and the latter for its novelty value.

I'll be back around this time next Friday. The song I'll talk about on my mashup page will be up in like 3 or 4 hours.

No comments: