Monday, January 12, 2009

Do You See That, Stevie Wonder?

Hello everyone. I apologize for this getting up late, but I’ve just had other things to worry about this weekend, so that’s why this is up now.

As I have relatives over at the Casa del Blair, this will be a quick blog. I know, all of these seem too short, but in this case, I have a good excu… I mean explanation.

For awhile now I’ve been looking for the album version of a song by James Brown. It’s a late 70’s tune called For Goodness Sakes Look At Those Cakes; yeah, it’s a tune about his love of women’s derriere’s. I’ve heard the single before, but I had never been able to find a download of the album version, which is eleven (!) minutes long. Sure, I’ve found a YouTube video or two of the full song, but that’s YouTube.

Finally, searching recently, I discovered the Dance Disco Music blog*, which has many different posts of either singles or entire albums, most of which are obscure. I mean, the title song to the album that I’ve been looking for apparently has never been released on CD, so that’s why the link offered up is of a recording from the original vinyl album. That’s why there’s a skip or two, but otherwise it’s a solid recording and I’m so happy I found it.

• If you look through the posts there, you’ll see a bunch of odd stuff; most of it is disco, yeah, but not always. What is disco, though, is me finding an album by Meco, the guy who did that Star Wars song, and seeing that he also did a Star Wars Christmas album; I mean, WTF? Let’s just hope it’s better than the only can be found on bootleg Star Wars Holiday Special, which I have seen and yes it’s as bad as everyone says it is.

Anyway, like I mentioned already, the link to the song and album in question is here.

I'll be back this Friday, and this time I'll be more punctual.

No comments: