Sunday, July 12, 2009

Revisiting Zappa

Way back when (re, 14 months ago) I spent some time talking about Frank Zappa. As I'm tired now I'll keep this brief; out of the blue I thought about him tonight and figured that posting another song from his oeuvre would be a good idea; here's another "radio-friendly" song rather than a wild and/or vulgar one.

It's from the greatly named 1979 album Sheik Yerbouti. It's a sarcastic song about the disco craze and yet it became popular enough to get a Grammy nomination and didn't do badly on the charts either. It's Dancin' Fool. Due to catchy songs like that, it was the second-best selling album of his career.

Instead of uploading the song myself you can find it here at this Spanish blog I found, along with other tunes. A Babelfish translation tells me that the wide variety of songs you can find there are meant to be relaxing.

I'll be back next weekend.

No comments: