Saturday, April 26, 2008

Another Memory Of My College Days

Recently I was listening to an old burned CD from way back in 2000. I burned it via a friend's computer; he lived on the same dorm room floor as mine at Illinois State University. Yes, ISU really does have a 28 story tall pair of dorms. I never lived in it but visited there dozens of times.

He had a bunch of MP3's on his computer (more than mine) and his computer had a CD burner (mine didn't at the time) so that's how I acquired my first burned CD's. The song from that which I'll choose to mention tonight (and I apologize for doing this a few hours late) is an obscure one unless you're from the midwest.

It is from a Chicago-area band known as Caviar. The song is Tangerine Speedo, which apparently was on the Charlie's Angels soundtrack, but don't ask me if it was in the film itself. I'd rather not see either movie, due to what I've heard. The pop-rock song is pretty quirky, sure, but it's also catchy and you have to love a tune that rhymes "Magellan" with "selling" and "veto" with "Speedo". You may end up enjoying this also, although I'm not sure if you'll end up having the memories connected to this that I do.

Caviar-Tangerine Speedo (5.05 MB, 192Kbits/second)

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/12/28/1667157/Caviar-Tangerine%20Speedo.MP3

I'll be back a week from tonight.

No comments: