Friday, April 4, 2008

A Tasty Treat

Here is another deal where I post a song here and on my mashups blog I'll post a tune that samples said song.

This song is from the British electronic duo Lemon Jelly, a group I really don't know too much about or have even heard any other song besides this one. I actually heard the mashup involving the tune before I heard the original.

It's from their '64-'95 album (named as they identify the year of the song that they sampled) and it's known as '79-The Shouty Track; why it's known as that I'm not sure as there is no vocal singing, but no matter its title, it's "avant-garde" as one person described it, but don't take it as it being noiseless garbage like, say, Trout Mask Replica (the less said about what has the be the most overrated album in history the better). It's oddly catchy, I'll put it that way.

Lemon Jelly-'79 The Shouty Track (5.08 MB, 192Kbits/second)

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/12/28/1667157/Lemon%20Jelly%20Shouty.MP3

I'll be back a week from today to post my next song.

No comments: