Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The Feeling, Feeling

Here is yet another deal where I tie in this blog with my mashups blog… or at least that was the plan. Problem is, I can't find that mashup CD which I have the mashup located on! Oh drat, right? Once I do find it I will post it on the appropriate page. It's from Go Home Productions and it combines a song from her to the music of a Thin Lizzy song! Instead I'll post another tune on that page in a bit.

Tonight, I will post a song from a dance singer; the tune reminds me of the summer of 2001; oh were those good days…

Ultra Nate (yes, that's apparently her birth name) is a dance music singer who has been around for almost 20 years now. That's a long time in the music biz. I'll admit that I did not hear her until I heard one of her tunes on the Dekalb (Illinois) radio station WDEK. Now, back when I started listening to that station in the late 90's up to 2002, it was pretty awesome. It was originally a top 40 station, but they also played a nice variety of stuff that you wouldn't expect. No kidding, for a while there, in the late evening every Sunday, they played episodes of the Dr. Demento Show! If you don't know, the strangest songs ever recorded were played on there; oh was it ever great. I got a lot of laughs from that show.

In 2001 the station became one which played dance music, a rarity at the time. I also enjoyed that, as it was after I spend time in college that I enjoyed that genre. It was from during that time that I heard the Ultra Nate tune (Get It Up) The Feeling, a nice bit of dance-pop. I enjoyed it then and I still enjoy it now. Hopefully you feel the same way.

In 2002 the station became one that played Spanish music, much to my disappointment. It now plays what is commonly known as the "variety" format, otherwise known as Jack, Bob, or other similar names. However, at night they still play dance tunes, which actually reminds me that back in the late 90's, there was a time where WDEK played dance songs every Friday night. Yep, pretty rad. I wish there was a station quite like that in Florida, but alas there isn't.

Anyway, (Get It Up) The Feeling, from her Stranger Than Fiction album.

Ultra Nate-(Get It Up) The Feeling (5 MB, 192Kbits/second)

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/12/28/1667157/Ultra%20Nate%20-%20Get%20It%20Up%20%28The%20Feeling%29.MP3

I'll be back on Wednesday the 13th, probably in the evening.

No comments: