Saturday, August 23, 2008

The Worst Song Of 2008

Instead of the usual upload, I will spend this time telling everyone what I believe the worst song of 2008 is; if I find one that's even worse that's come out this year, I'll be stunned.

Awhile back, on a messageboard one of my enemies, David Tuthill (don't ask for the full story behind that; I don't want to be up all night typing out the explanation!) proclaimed in a random post that he was going to see a group called Flobots. I had no clue who in the hell they were. I looked it up and saw that they were yet another rap/rock collective (sigh…), but I didn't go and hear any of their songs.

A little later I was up late at night, unable to get back to sleep. I was flipping through the channels and ended up on the travesty of a station known as MTV (or as I call them, RTV, as in Reality Television) and a video was just starting. I heard an AWFUL vocal talking about using handlebars… I was like, WTF is this shit? I couldn't even listen to the rest of the song! I did know from the beginning that the song was called Handlebars and it's by Flobots, off of their Fight With Tools album. It figures that a tool like David would enjoy them!

A little later I heard the full song… yep, the worst song of 2008, with no question! That is including the bits of the awful Disney Channel crap from Hannah Montana and their ilk, I Kissed A Girl, along with the other crap my earbuds have been tortured with. Hell, it's even worse than that one Heidi Montag tune! When you can't even be better than that, folks…

I mentioned in a wrestling review that Flobots was a travesty to the music business. Of course, Tuthill responded, and only said that I was wrong. Great job defending them, fatty! Another person told me that they were "great" and that they have "an amazing conscious style" and "a great political agenda". Pardon me for the foul language, but who gives a FUCK if they have "a conscious style" or are a "political" group. Most of the times, with modern groups I want politics not to be in their music at all! Just look at all the garbage that took place during the 2004 elections, which of course did nothing for John Kerry in the end. Don't talk about things you have little understanding over, then do so by repeating the same idealistic non-realistic claptrap, you pompous douchebags! Obviously, from listening to Handlebars and some of their other tunes, they easily fall into the "pompous douchebag" category. They're like D-rate Linkin Park ripoffs, and I don't really care for Linkin Park most of the time.

I don’t want to download the song and then upload it on here, so I'll instead give the song the treatment it deserves, which is me linking you to the official YouTube video listing of the music video to the song. Here it is.

I'll be back late Friday night the 29th, this time with an upload.

No comments: