Saturday, August 30, 2008

Here's The New Plan, Stan

Finally, I'll upload a new song, and it is one in a genre I haven't really brought up on here before. It is due to a recent death of a musician, who happened to be part of a very popular band.


As you probably know already, earlier in the month, LeRoi Moore, the saxophonist for the Dave Matthews Band, passed away due to complications of an ATV accident. Back in the day, I knew (and I still know a handful of them) people who were big fans of this jam band (even though the DMB doesn't like this term) and other similar bands such as Phish and Rusted Root.


Instead of one of their album tracks, here is a bootleg from one of their concerts (or at least that's how it was identified on the file-sharing system I got it from! I know it's not Dave who does the lead vocal but it certainly *does* sound like them). I have zero clue where and when it was recorded, but it is a cover of a popular 70's tune. It is Paul Simon's 50 Ways To Leave Your Lover. By the way, to mention some trivia, I once had a history teacher who was a childhood friend of Simon. True story. Anyway, while I think that DMB covers are either really cool or really crappy, this one is thankfully the former rather than the latter.


Dave Matthews Band-50 Ways To Leave Your Lover (8.06 MB, 192 Kbits/second)


http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/12/28/1667157/Dave%20Matthews%20Band-50%20Ways%20To%20Leave%20Your%20Lover.MP3

I'll be back on late Friday night the 5th. Have a good Labor Day weekend.

No comments: