Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Ghost Ride The Whip

In the future I will discuss what kind of hip-hop/rap I'm a fan of but just note that I'm not a real "backpacker" who listens to underground rap or anything of that sort. I don't listen to one particular style of rap, although note that I tend to prefer the good production rather than a good rapper. I know, I know…

As with all types of music, there is some hyphy that is better than others and if it starts to sound alike then I tend to get turned off by it. I haven't heard too many songs from that particular style of rap but some of it is cool. Note that I'm not really a fan of the culture of hyphy where you "act retarded" on purpose; if you jump out of your car at a red light, run around it once or twice, then jump back in, you're a moron, in my opinion.

I randomly was looking for tunes from E-40; he has a unique voice and delivery, and I wanted to see what was out there. I stumbled upon a tune known as "I Wear My Stunna Glasses At Night" and I had to d/l it, as I thought, "No way could a hyphy tune sample that Corey Hart song," and yet that's exactly what it is. Whether your opinion on "I Wear My Sunglasses At Night" (that song grew on me after I used to hate it), this tune sounds pretty good (it has a nice beat) and the rapping's not bad either. E-40 sings the last verse. Note that this is the "clean" version of the song but there's only two words that are edited so it shouldn't be a hamper to anyone.


The Federation Featuring E-40: "I Wear My Stunna Glasses At Night"

http://www.bigupload.com/d=5C6E2551 (4.88 MB, 160 bits/second)


That song is from an album yet to be released, so here is their first album.



To show that I like a variety of music, tomorrow I will upload a live version of a well-known 80's metal song.

No comments: