Monday, January 29, 2007

What A Great 99 Cent Deal.

No I'm not talking about Wendy's Dollar Menu deals. Late in 2003, I was still living in Illinois but my mom had moved down to Florida already. I was on break from school and I spent some time visiting in The Sunshine State. One night I went to the Virgin Megastore at Downtown Disney and for 99 cents (not including tax) they offered a CD single of Ferry Corsten's "Rock Your Body Rock." On it were three versions of the song plus a live version of Ferry's "Go", which is a song you might have heard somewhere even if you didn't know what it was called. I'm putting up the "Original Extended Mix" of the song. The single edit of the song is fine, but the tune is so damned good that you want to hear the full almost 7 minute version that you can get from the Extended Mix. It's one of my favorite dance songs… hell, it ranks pretty high on my all time favorite song list, if you can believe it. It's a tremendous trance-y (as opposed to house music or any other sub-genre of dance; this song has a vocal, sure, but it's an electronic voice and it only says a few words) tune that deserves a listen, even if you don't usually partake in this genre.


Ferry Corsten- Rock Your Body Rock (Original Extended Mix, 9.41 MB, 192 Kbits/second)

http://www.bigupload.com/d=2969A924

Tuesday I will have up an awesome song from the 70's that I doubt too many people have heard, but it deserves to be heard.

No comments: