Monday, November 12, 2007

Simon Says... I Like This Song

Yep, I'm doing this a little later than I had planned, but yesterday for me was just uber-bizarre. Read all about it on my MySpace blog. Really now, Beauty & The Geek!

At the wrestling show, sure I heard the theme song to Muppet Babies along with some good old tunes from the 80's, but I want to spotlight a song that was used by a guy named Simon Sezz; it was formerly the theme music to Simon Diamond in ECW, for you hardcore wrestling fanatics. The song also reminds me of my college days at Illinois State University (long story).

The band was the Swedish metal (and all female at that) band Drain S.T.H. The song is Simon Says, which is why both Simon's have used it. I haven't heard any other tunes from the band and I don't know much about them aside from the fact that the song is from 1999 and it was produced by Max Martin. Yes, the same guy who worked with Britney & The Backstreet Boys! No matter that, the song is pretty awesome.

Drain S.T.H.-Simon Says (4.76 MB, 160 Kbits/second)

http://www.zshare.net/audio/4846739cafd262/

I'll be back Wednesday night, and not so damned late either.

No comments: