Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Start Spreading The News...

In the past I've mentioned that for the most part Real Radio 104.1 down here in Orlando is, in my humble opinion, a crap station, not really in what they play (although they are mainly a talk radio station where the talk is pure horseshit garbage) but rather how amateur the station seems to be run, in terms of format, how they never tell you the songs they play (not even on their website) so you have to try and Google the lyrics in hopes of finding it, and other minute details that probably only irk me but really should irk most people.

But, during the night and during parts of the weekend they play a rather eclectic lineup of music-although even then their mix of songs could be markedly improved-and I've heard some songs that I otherwise would not have heard of before.

For example, tonight's upload. I only found out the title of it by accident recently, when I was downloading a mashup* that featured the song mixed with a Beastie Boys tune. The group is Micro Chip League (or Microchip League or MCL; all three names I've seen used interchangeably) and the song appears to be made in 1988. Really, even in this day and age it's near impossible to find a lot of concrete info on the group, but it's a techno/electro song from the 80's that has an ultra-tough edge to it.

* Real late tomorrow night I'll do an update on this page where I will make an announcement concerning that unique genre of music.

The song? Believe it or not, a REALLY loose remake of the song New York New York! Yes, the theme from the movie of the same name that's best known for being one of Frank Sinatra's best-known ditties. Talk about strange, but the song is one of a kind, at least Micro Chip League's take on it.

Micro Chip League-New York (128Kbits/second)

http://www.zshare.net/audio/4914532fc80b03/

Like I said I'll be back late tomorrow night with an announcement.

No comments: