Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Promoting Promiscuousness... The 80's Rule

Today I did not want to write a whole lot. Sunday I went out to see the Super Bowl, and what I thought was the wrong result. Alcohol was consumed, and well… I will spotlight a cheesy (yet cool) 80's song that you may not have heard of before, although you'll probably know the artist. Hey, I think it's more interesting than trying to find something that fits Mardi Gras, as I think that whole thing is on the dopey side myself.

British singer John Parr is probably considered by many a one-hit wonder for his St. Elmo's Fire (Man in Motion) from the movie of the same name. But, he had a song before that and I think it's quite a bit better.

The ditty is known as Naughty Naughty (from his and it's a pretty catchy pop-rock tune. I first heard the tune on the local station Max 98.3. I've enjoyed listening to the song since then but only a few days ago did I find the music video, and it's classic 80's.

Among other things, you have Parr, who looks like he's in his 40's but at least has a great head of hair. Then, you have the fashion, most of the women looking like your 3rd grade teacher, the effects… it's all great!

John Parr-Naughty Naughty (5.09 MB, 192Kbits/second)

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/12/28/1667157/John%20Parr%20-%20Naughty%20Naughty.MP3


I'll be back Thursday night with-ironically-another song that deals with a guy bragging about being promiscuous yet you still think the chracter is not a complete scumbag.

No comments: