Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Purchasing Fruit From Foreign Countries

My apologies for doing this a few days late, but again, real life got in the way. A rather odd "real life" moment happened just earlier today, when I was in a local Best Buy when I saw none other than retired basketball (and current assistant coach for the Orlando Magic) Patrick Ewing walk into the store and start looking at DVD's! I kid you not. I didn't go up to him and get a picture or an autograph, but it still makes for an interesting story to tell, as this is the first time I've ever encountered a random celebrity doing a regular mundane thing such as purchasing DVD's.

I will continue on with the series of spotlighting people in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame who got inducted this year who you might not know too much about. Today it's Leonard Cohen. The Hall of Fame website has up a real nice synopsis of his career and explains why he was voted in. They also have nice bios for the aforementioned Dave Clark Five and Little Walter, and also other people that you may want to know more about.

Cohen is the poet type, so that explains why arguably his most popular song, Suzanne, has some rather interesting phrases and terms. I can't really explain why he spends the middle of the song talking about Jesus Christ, but nevertheless, it's a pleasant easygoing song with touching lyrics that many musicians obviously liked, given how often it's been covered.

Leonard Cohen-Suzanne (3.52 MB, 128Kbits/second)

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/12/28/1667157/Leonard%20Cohen%20-%20Suzanne.mp3

Check back here late Friday night, and I'll have up the last part of my Hall of Fame dealy.

No comments: