Wednesday, March 5, 2008

You Can't Leave Here Without Singing The Blues

2 brownie points to anyone who recognizes which 80's movie I quoted for the title of this.


The blues is a genre of music that I enjoy from what little I've heard of it, but I've never really spent a lot of time trying to look up or download songs from the best artists in the field, such as B.B. King, Howlin' Wolf, or Muddy Waters. I'll try to get to that in the future; Lord knows my tastes are rather eclectic and I enjoy many different genres of music, so I should spend time on a field of music that has influenced so many later genres, especially rock 'n roll.

Today I'll mention the most well-known song of legendary blues guitarist Little Walter, who will be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame next week. That song is Juke, the highest charting harmonica song ever. It's a catchy and entertaining ditty. It's certainly more upbeat than you expect from the blues; I mean, with its name and style that most people associate with it, you expect a somber and downbeat tune where the singer laments all his problems in a blues song. That certainly is not always the case, especially with Juke.

Little Walter-Juke (4.53 MB, 233Kbits/second)

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/12/28/1667157/05%20Juke.mp3

I'll be back Saturday (probably in the evening) with another song from someone who will be soon in the Hall of Fame.

No comments: