Monday, March 24, 2008

This Movie Should Have Won The Best Picture Oscar

Finally, I'm able to do this particular post. The past few days were chaotic for me but today has been much better for me.

I was inspired to post this particular song due to its inclusion in the movie Goodfellas. I've seen it a few times before, but a few days ago I was able to see it on the big screen, as Universal Cineplex 20. The soundtrack to the film was pretty great, and the song I'm pointing out here was used when Henry Hill was with his lady friend Sandy and they were mixing cocaine together at her joint during the day that… but I don't want to spoil anything if you haven't seen it before. It's a scene set in 1980, I'll put it that way. It's also another blues song for the blog. This one is by the legendary Muddy Waters, one of the greatest artists in that genre of all time.

The song is one of his most popular; it's known as Mannish Boy. This was a song from 1955 and can easily be found on one of his many best-of albums. Don't confuse it with the remake of the song done for the Electric Mud album. I haven't heard that or any of the other tunes on there but I've only been told bad things about that album, so I feel safe in stating my opinion to avoid it unless you want it as a curio.

Muddy Waters-Mannish Boy (4.96 MB, 128Kbits/second)

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/12/28/1667157/Muddy%20Waters%20-%20Soundtrack%20GoodFellas%20-%20Mannish%20Boy%20.mp3

I'll be back Thursday night with a new upload.

No comments: