Monday, December 15, 2008

I'm Just An Average Man With An Average Life

By the way, earlier tonight I heard a new song from Fall Out Boy from their upcoming album, to be released in a matter of hours. What stuck out for me (besides the song being terrible; sorry, FOB fans) was that it sounded like a copy of Personal Jesus! Honest. Yeah, it’s an album I won’t be purchasing. But, moving on…

Here is a song that I mentioned more than a year ago but didn’t upload myself. I’m bringing it up now due to its usage in a brand new commercial. Unfortunately, it’s a Geico commercial, and while it’s not one with those damned cavemen, it’s one with a stack of money with plastic eyes on top… yeah, that ad.

The song, though, is pretty cool. It’s a cover of the 80’s classic (if you stretch “classic” pretty thin) Somebody’s Watching Me, originally by Rockwell. The people who covered it, in contrast, weren’t the sons of then Motown head Berry Gordy. No, it’s not the Beatfreakz cover of the song, but rather another dance cover… this time, done by Germany’s Royal Gigolos. For what it is, it’s very catchy and I like it. I just wish it would be used in a better ad than one with money and plastic eyes.


Royal Gigolos-Somebody's Watching Me (4.5 MB, 192Kbits/second)


I'll be back Monday night the 22nd with an appropriate song for this time of the season.

No comments: