Thursday, May 10, 2007

My Girl Wants To Party All The Time

Yes, I've returned, and a day early too. Best Sharing has been too much of a hassle to deal with as of late so I decided to go with Megaupload instead; it's very popular, it's quite reliable, and you can just enter the code, wait 45 seconds, then click on the button and you'll download the MP3; it's that simple.

As for this entry, it still has to deal with Eddie Murphy. The last one, I mentioned how James Brown gave him a verbal bitchslap in "Living In America"; part of that may also have to do with how his first record album didn't exactly meet with a lot of acclaim. It turns out that he had more than one album where he sang; no kidding! The fact that even I didn't know that is a good indication of how his singing career turned out. The only other song I've heard from him is "Boogie In Your Butt," which sounds exactly like the inspiration for that awful Tom Green "Bum" song, which is enough for me to damn it, but Boogie, which was mainly a spoken-word track from Eddie, is the shits!

At least "Party All The Time" turned out to be a catchy song. It helped that Rick James (Bitch!) produced the tune.

I won't be uploading that. But I WILL upload the dance remix that made it to the top 10 on the British charts last year. It's from Sharam, one half of the Deep Dish DJ team. I first heard it on the Ministry of Sound Annual album for this year; I have a few of them, and they are always well-done.

I have up two versions; one that's the single track, and the other that appears to be the original version (i.e. the version I have that is on the Annual 2007 album). The former is under 4 minutes, while the latter is almost 9 minutes! Note that the Annual albums are two CD sets where on each CD, all the songs are mixed together, so that's why at the end of the 9 minute track, you hear the beginning of another song before it abruptly stops.

Also, you can watch the original music video for Eddie's "Party All The Time"; I know, a video where you get to see someone record a song isn't exactly pulse-pounding exhilaration.

The video to the Sharam remix of the song, though, is great. It spoofs the Murphy video (I do admit that the implied sniffing of coke by the James impersonator was rather mean on Sharam's part), and the guy who plays Eddie sounds a lot like him, especially if you compare laughs. It goes beyond that, though, by having his girl prove to be someone who DOES party all the time, as she does just that while faux Eddie records the song. She turns out to be a real ho, for lack of a better term, but even with that it is a cool as shit video.

Sharam-PATT (Party All The Time)-Original Version (12.12 MB, 192Kbits/second)


http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W2QD3ELC

Sharam-PATT (Party All The Time)-Single (5.85 MB, 192Kbits/second)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L1CRTKI5

I'll be back on Friday with another song.

1 comment:

Chaosmaker said...

I like very much music blog! :) And I'll try to put a lot of music on my blog too.

Keep on

Bye :)