Friday, May 25, 2007

Lit Up Like A F****** Lightbulb

I was thinking of which songs I wanted to upload for this long Memorial Day weekend. Sorry to say, but none of them are patriotic in nature or have anything to do with the military. Hey, I can't think of any good ones at the moment. I'd like to, though, as I'd love to make even more fun out of someone I used to associate with, a fellow wrestling fan (well, he isn't really a wrestling fan anymore) named David Tuthill, who had these disgusting comments to say about the military about a month ago (he's "rfudor", in case you couldn't tell). Here's his MySpace page (he's the one on the right) in case you wish to tell him personally what you think of him being such a cumstain.

Anyway… I'm not sure how I recalled the song, but amongst the vast collection of tunes I have on a plethora of burned CD's, one happens to be a live version of the Buckcherry song "Lit Up." Now this is what I like, not that bold-faced AC/DC ripoff known as "Crazy Bitch." I liked "Lit Up" as soon as I heard it, but the live version is even better. But, before I get to that, I have to mention my memory of my disbelief of the one time I saw the video for the song on MTV (remember, I rarely watch that network) and even though by that time I was already a hater of the network, even I was stunned at how they *edited out all references to cocaine.* Yes, you read that right. Let me change topics before I begin typing in a red-faced rage over what I would like to do to many of the people that work for the channel.

Oh yes, the live version and where it's from. It's actually from Woodstock '99, and the album from that weekend. It's a shame that the event was filled with much rage and hatred and thus became the antithesis of what the original festival was all about (not to mention how corporate it turned out being). I have some ideas of why it happened, but again, it's something that would turn some people off, so instead I'll mention that in this live version, they are able to swear and cuss, and it's something they do all throughout the song and also in the intro to the song, where they talk about doing an 8-ball. I think that this version has more energy and more of a kick to it, so that's why I prefer listening to this rather than the original.

Buckcherry-Lit Up (Live at Woodstock '99) (5.36 MB, 160Kbits/second)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PPTCB1UI

I'll be back on Monday with a new upload.

No comments: