Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Boom Boom

I know I know, me not being prompt yet again, but obstacles were put in my way so that’s why I have to do this now. My bad, my peeps! The latest thing was that I had to finish a wrestling review from a show I saw on Saturday night, but only after I finished scanning photos and doing other stuff for a relative that relates to an upcoming family reunion; no joke.

It’s difficult to find info on the artist I will discuss in this post, but I will note that I found out about the song in an odd way. I randomly stumbled upon a video that some chick made of herself and she was dancing to a rockabilly song sung by a woman, as odd as that may sound. Even odder, I looked online to find out who sang it, and imagine my surprise when it was a song from this decade and the lady is from Ireland.

Imelda May is a dame who I don’t know much about and like I said it’s hard to find a whole wealth of info on, but she’s from the land of shamrocks and Gaelic football and unlike most vocalists in recent years I actually *like* her voice and I don’t hate it. Besides, the song is SO much cooler than the crap I’ve heard on the top 40 radio stations for most of this decade (although I really haven’t listened to those kinds of stations in at least a year; I couldn’t stand it anymore); really, if you’re tired of the pop/rap/R&B/whatever popular modern music scene, check out this fresh-sounding tune entitled Johnny Got A Boom Boom, from her Love Tattoo album.

Imelda May-Johnny Got A Boom Boom (128Kbits/second)

This upcoming weekend I'll be back with a cover of a popular song that I had only heard the first two minutes of, then just a few minutes ago I finally found the full version of it.

No comments: