Sunday, June 28, 2009

Remembering Michael Jackson, Part 3

Here is the last post that I’ll do for the time being on MJ. As it’s easy to find songs that were done by him and many of his tunes are well-known already, I’ll pick a pair that I haven’t spotted on the blogs as of now.

The first one is a cover of a song that you wouldn’t think The Jackson 5 would end up doing, but it was an inspired choice, even though the obvious reason it was done was due to the name; it’s Doctor My Eyes, from Jackson Browne. Like I said, a unique choice but the Motown band that accompanied them on the 1972 album Lookin' Through the Windows did a great job making it sound like the original radio staple with an added dose of funk and soul to it.

The Jackson 5-Doctor My Eyes (5.76 MB, 256Kbits/second)

The second song is Say Say Say, by MJ and Paul McCartney, from the latter's Pipes of Peace album, although this is a longer 12 inch mix of the album cut. I found it on a French public website, of all things. I'll directly link to it as it's still up and it saves me the effort of uploading it myself.


Michael Jackson/Paul McCartney-Say Say Say (12 inch mix; 4.9 MB, 128Kbits/second)


I'll be back by late tomorrow night with a song from another musician who passed away late last week.

No comments: