Monday, June 8, 2009

Do Goody-Good Bull...

Here is the story that I promised from the last time. It concerns a song I found the first two minutes of online but at the time I wasn't able to find the rest of it. Then again, it didn't take long for me to forget about it and it was on a whim that I decided to look for it and there it was in full.

The song is Money. Yep, the song originally by Pink Floyd. Now, recently I saw the original Italian Job movie on the big screen, an experience you can read about here. This song happens to be from the soundtrack to the remake of that flick, which I haven't seen but as it almost always is, the original I hear is clearly the superior flick.

On that soundtrack was the cover to the song by Velvet Revolver, a modern rock act that I dig; ironic, considering that the lead singer is from Stone Temple Pilots and I've never cared for most of their work. Both of their albums I enjoyed and so I liked the first two minutes of this cover; but, it wasn't until just days ago that I found it, much to my delight. I saw that they did their own thing with it; for example, the second verse is gone (the one with "do goody-good bullshit" in it) and the final two minutes is them grooving along. From what I understand it's not on the CD soundtrack to the movie and it was only put on a b-side version of the Slither single, so noting that hopefully you don't mind it sounding all mono and shit.

I found the song on BeeMP3 so I'll just direct you there. It's here.

I'll be back next weekend with something new.

No comments: