Friday, February 23, 2007

And I Got More Rhymes Than A Bank Got Dimes

This selection came when I was reading a random webpage one day and they mentioned Jimmy Spicer, an old hip-hop performer who had a long song known as "The Adventures of Super Rhymes" where he raps for almost 15 minutes straight with a unique sounding voice and delivery. I downloaded the song and what was said about it was true. If you can believe it, he raps about:

Being a rapper from "another planet"

Being Dracula and going to Studio 54 in NYC (!)

Being Aladdin and going to 1980

And more. It sounds odd, sure, but he has some great rhymes, as you can see here. The beat is pretty catchy too.

I know, the songs this week don't talk about "making it rain", or which skeezy bitch he wants to get wit, or tramps and ho's, or his bling and 23 inch rims or pouring out a 40 for his dead homey, but it's always nice to see a guy pimp himself without using constant vulgarities (I think Lil Jon's head would explode if he tried to do that for more than a minute at a time!) and use some unique rhymes too (and being able to understand the rapper is another important thing; sometimes I think there are too many guys out there who either rap way too fast or are total mushmouths). Hopefully you'll agree with me on this.

Jimmy Spicer-"The Adventure of Super Rhymes" (13.17 MB, 128 Kbits/second)

http://www.bestsharing.com/files/7cOXo230773/Jimmy%20Spicer%20-%20The%20Adventures%20Of%20Super%20Rhymes%20(1).mp3.html

I'll be back on Sunday with another tune.

No comments: