Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Push It To The Limit

I can't really encapsulate why I feel this way but ever since I've first heard the song "Hustlin'" and seen what Rick Ross looks like, I think he's one cool motherfucker. Pardon my cursing, but he is. He's a big guy who has a great beard and just looks like a pimp to me, not to mention he's a pretty good rapper that is from the state of Florida. Now, there's a remix of "Hustin'" I love even more than the original that I will upload one of these days, but today I'm going to put up a remix of his song Push It (the song that samples Paul Engemann's "Scarface (Push It To The Limit)" from the classic 80's film.)

I think the remix is even better than the original, something that you can not always say about rap remixes. Here, the beat and theme they use is better than the album version, the guest rappers (Jadakiss, Styles P, Bun B, and The Game) do a nice job with their verses, and the theme of the song, which is about the drug industry and becoming successful, certainly goes along with the movie the song is sampled from. I don't know why The Game acts like I-10 is in Miami when in actuality it runs through the northern part of the state (did he mean I-95?), but you can excuse that and enjoy the tune.

Rick Ross, Featuring Jadakiss, Styles P, Bun B, and The Game, "Push It (Remix)", (6 MB, 192 Kbits/second)

http://www.bigupload.com/d=FDB03908


Tomorrow I'll post a song from the 70's you'll know more from it's 80's hair metal cover version, but now you can hear the original version.

No comments: