Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Qu'est-ce que c'est

Here is a song that is a cover of a well-known tune by The Talking Heads. While I'm not a fan of all of their songs, some of them are quite awesome. The live version of "Life During Wartime" especially kicks ass in several different shades.

The song I'm talking about here, though, is "Psycho Killer", originally recorded by The Talking Heads but this version I'm putting up is from a live concert from a band known as The Faint. Yeah, not the best song for Valentine's Day, but alas... I found it one day while randomly searching for songs. It was a tremendous discovery. As I can't find any site that has a working download of it, that's why I am going to put it up myself.

I don't know if it's this concert, but here's a link anyway. While I think the original version from the Heads is pretty damn good (hey, they made a catchy song about a *serial killer*, after all, and it wasn't a total bomb or failure), what The Faint did with it was great. They made it very catchy (and funky too), the sound quality is quite good, and overall, it was a cover that did nothing to insult the original song, which is what seems to happen way too often these days (Rascal Flatt's version of "Life Is A Highway", anyone?)

The Faint-"Psycho Killer" (Live) (6.44 MB, 192 Kbits/second)

http://www.bigupload.com/d=AEEF3DB0

I will post my next song sometime later in the week. I will announce now, though, that next week will be devoted to old school hip hop uploads and I might have a new uploading service that is better than Bigupload too; you know, one that's devoted to hosting music files. Maybe that would get more people to download these little buggers...

No comments: