Wednesday, February 7, 2007

My Best Friend Told Me You're The Best Lick In Town

"Once Bitten Twice Shy" is arguably Great White's most famous song (their most famous moment is, unfortunately, that nightclub fire in Rhode Island from almost 4 years ago, which made them the target of ridicule, mainly by lonely and pathetic radio DJ's, a job that if you don't have to speak, a monkey could do just about as well in! My favorite song of theirs is "Rock Me"; eventually I'll post one of their works) and most people think that the band very similar to Led Zeppelin wrote it themselves, but those people are wrong. Instead it was a song written and first performed by Ian Hunter, the former lead singer of the British rock band Mott the Hoople. "Once Bitten Twice Shy" was put on a solo album after he left that band. As much as I like Great White's version, I think the original is better. It's quite catchy and has a nice piano part too. It's yet another treasure of a song I discovered on the Rockin' 70's album.


Ian Hunter, "Once Bitten Twice Shy", (5.33 MB, 192 Kbits/second)

http://www.bigupload.com/d=2073DEDF

Friday afternoon I'll post a remix of a song that actually makes me like what me and others find to be a complete joke of a band, a fact that most people figured out only after a few years of them being popular.

No comments: