Friday, February 9, 2007

Limp Bizkit? More Like Shit Biscuit To Me!

I was never a fan of Limp Bizkit or the crappy brand of "nu metal" they introduced onto the world. They only served to propogate that god-awful version of rock music and almost all of their songs were totally worthless. So of course they became massively popular in the late 90's with that desecration of the George Michael classic "Faith" and in 1999, "Nookie" was everywhere. Having to hear the album "Chocolate Starfish and the Hotdog Flavored Water" (worst name for an album in history? Yes) constantly during my freshman year in college on my dorm room floor was pretty annoying. Yet, they seemed to shoot themselves in the foot with Fred Durst's constant dickheadedness and feuds with bands and musicians that were much better than he and his crappy little band. I'd have to say that guitarist Wes Borland's departure from the group really ruined them, as it took them 3 years to record another album, and by then most people didn't seem to give a crap about them anymore. I don't know if they moved on to other trends, or they finally recognized that the idols they briefly worshipped weren't all that, or what else it could've been, but when there used to be a horde of Bizkit fans, now you'd be hard pressed to find even one. And thank Jesus for that, as the music scene is better without them being one of the major acts in the industry. I mean, that song "Hot Dog", where they bash Nine Inch Nails (guys, Trent Reznor would murder all of you guys at the same time) and having the song contain over 50 usages of the term "fuck", and even brag about how often they drop the f-bomb… that was the nadir of their career. As Marilyn Manson once said of them, ""Limp Bizkit is a band made up of illiterate apes that beat your ass in high school for being a 'fag' now sell you tuneless testosterone anthems of misogyny and pretend to be outsiders..."

Yet, I'm going to post a remix of one of their tunes. It's from their "New Old Songs" remix album. I downloaded it in my dorm room during my sophomore year, as I heard online it was pretty good. And it was. I can't tell you much about DJ Monk or The Track Mack, both of whom worked on the track, but they created what I remembered being described then as an "industrial new surf music sound", and that's the best description I can come up with. It's very catchy and not like the original version of "Rollin'". I downloaded some other tracks off the album and they certainly vary in quality. There's another song or two I could post, but maybe I'll do it on a later date. For now here is a song you may want to say "Surf's Up!" to.

"Rollin' (DJ Monk-vs-The Track Mack Remix)" (9.10 MB, 192 Kbits/second)

http://www.bigupload.com/d=B2DA3D28

I'll be back on Monday with a new song to post.

No comments: