Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The New Number One Worst Song of 2007

Up till a few days ago my worst song of 2007 was still "Cupid's Chokehold", but during the weekend I finally listened to all of the Fergie song "Glamorous", (hey, in the past, when I heard it on, I turned it off after a few seconds) and it didn't take long for me to decree that this was now the worst of 2007. The production isn't that great, but the real problem, besides her singing, is the stench of the lyrics. I don't even understand why her dad told her "If you ain't go no money take your broke ass home" (really, THAT is the words of wisdom your dad told you that has helped you out so much in your career? Not to mention, the male singing of the lyrics totally clashes with the rest of the tune) or how it relates to the rest of the song, why she's bragging about "the flossy flossy" or why going through the Taco Bell drive-thru is "raw as hell" or why even Ludacris sounds bad on his guest verse… in short, this is utter shite and to me it's distressing that this was in March the number one song in America! Then again, even worse was "London Bridge" being a chart-topper for three weeks last year (although "Promiscuous" being on top for 6 weeks was just pathetic and the mediocre at best "Irreplaceable" being number one for TEN weeks not only shows how the charts are really meaningless now in comparison to how they used to be in the good old days-top 40 radio being so shitty in the past few years and shit like digital downloads is why only a few songs a year are number one, although how the majority of the chart-toppers the past few years have ranged from acceptable at best to horrid frightens me in just how shitty the taste is of the common public… no offense to the people I know who like these tunes! No wonder why I am not a "people person")… "Fergalicious" was the "best" single off her album by default… why exactly DOES anyone like this bleating goat of a singer who has such a putrid voice and is the biggest butterface I've ever seen? Pardon me for the malice, but this and London Bridge being so popular is a downright travesty. In fact, I'm not even going to upload the song, as I'm sure most of you have heard it by now and don't actually want it as an MP3 on your computer.


I'll be back tomorrow, this time with some *good* songs.

No comments: