Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Bust Out The Glow Sticks

In the last update I talked about dance music and how I discovered it at Illinois State University. I already mentioned one song I first heard during those memorable days. Here's another.

The second example is "Blood is Pumpin'", by Voodoo & Serano. It was one of the songs that I was introduced to by a friend (the guy who inadvertently taught me all about this genre and the great collection of CD's known as "Techno Marathon") and I still think it's fantastic. Some of you hardcore fans may recognize it from the Ring of Honor wrestling promotion used (or uses) a small snippet of it at live shows; you really need to hear the entire song. If you had to categorize it I guess it would be either hard trance or hard techno, but I recommend giving it a try, even if you don't usually listen to this kind of noise. Who knows… you may like it. It's almost 8 minutes long, so the first few minutes does build up to the main part of the song, but boy is it ever a great journey, and it kicks you in the ass too.

Voodoo & Serano-"Blood Is Pumpin'" (10.64 MB, 192 Kbits/second)

http://www.bestsharing.com/files/hrYX4vV255906/Voodoo%20_%20Serano-Blood%20Is%20Pumpin%27.MP3.html

As I haven't done this in a few days, I'll make it up by posting a few songs in the next several days.

No comments: