Friday, January 25, 2008

If Audioslave Likes It, Then So Should You

Yep, I'm going to connect the dots and tie in an upload to the news story of the week, which is Heath Ledger passing away a few days ago.

I've seen Heath act in a few movies, including the film Lords of Dogtown, where he plays a character that is far away from how Heath looked and was in real life. As the film was set in the 70's, it had a nice soundtrack from that era. One song that wasn't on the official soundtrack but was in the movie was one from Funkadelic, one of the bands of George Clinton's empire.

The song in particular was Super Stupid, a rock tune from their Maggot Brain album. It almost sounds like something from Hendrix, and it rocks. It's one of the hardest rock songs I've heard from Funkadelic, as usually their music varies between rock and R&B; I say that just in case anyone wants to download… er, I mean purchase any albums from them in the future.

Also, I don't mean to post the song in bad taste concerning that it IS about drugs, and yes, Audioslave has done the song live in concert before.

Funkadelic-Super Stupid (5.4 MB, 192Kbits/second)

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/12/28/1667157/funkadelic%20-%20super%20stupid.MP3

I'll be busy in the next week so my next upload will be up a week from tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks