Thursday, January 3, 2008

The Best of 2007 Part 2

My schedule was thrown completely out of whack today, which is why this is up a little later than I wanted it to be up. My bad, yo!

Anyway, here are the three songs I want to spotlight.

The first song was posted in early October. It is Dokken's In My Dreams, for you metal fans.

Dokken-In My Dreams (5.97 MB, 192 Kbits/second)

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/12/28/1667157/Dokken_-_In_My_Dreams.mp3

The second song is AC/DC's Baby Please Don't Go, a cover of an old blues song. It's from real early in their career and doesn't exactly sound like a typical song from the Australian boys (even in their Bon Scott days) but it rules so you'd better download it.

AC/DC-Baby Please Don't Go (4.44 MB, 128 Kbits/second)

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/12/28/1667157/ACDC-Baby%20Please%20Don%27t%20Go.mp3

The third song is from mid August, after a great weekend where I met up with someone I knew from my days in my former hometown in Illinois, and went out both nights and started to get to know some of the many lovely ladies at Mako's also. The night before Mako's was with the friend, and at one establishment I heard for the first time the Sir Mix-A-Lot ditty Jump On It; yes, he did other good songs besides Baby Got Back. The fact that it sampled the Sugarhill Gang's Apache is a good chance of success right there, but the song is pretty awesome, I say.

Sir Mix-A-Lot-Jump On It (4.6 MB, 128 Kbits/second)

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/12/28/1667157/sir_mix-a-lot_-_jump_on_it.mp3

I'll be back Sunday afternoon, and this time I'll be more punctual. It'll be the last of me picking out songs from last year to re-upload. After that I'll go back to spotlighting new tunes, at least new to this blog.

No comments: