Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Eminem Ain't Nothing But A Bitch

I know this is being posted at such an odd hour but I can't sleep tonight and I remembered I had this typed up on Word but didn't post it on here until now.

The topic of Insane Clown Posse and Juggalos is always one rife with controversy and polarizing opinions. Me, I've known some ICP fans and they were nice people, but many others came off as being real assholes, to be blunt. As for the music... I'm not real familiar with most of it, but I like some of the songs for their comic value a la how I like 2 Live Crew songs, although I usually prefer the Crew.

ICP has had beefs with some well-known people, the most famous of which is their feud with Eminem. Em was someone whose singles I really liked... until the "Encore" album; I know, many people share this view but he REALLY went downhill after the 8 Mile soundtrack. Speculating what happened would be interesting, but it'd take too long and that's not really the point of this entry.

I first heard about their beef with the "Slim Anus" song, which I was amused by. While searching online one night for more beef songs between the two I found a tune that didn't have a name attached to it but much later I found out was called "Nuttin But A Bitch Thang", off the "Forgotten Freshness Volume 3" album. The lyrics are derivitive, yeah, but it is still an extremely vicious attack on Eminem and Dr. Dre, where you hear those two having anal sex, and then many other colorful comments concerning their sexuality, and also referenced their history.

What also amused me was what was sampled on the record. They completely stole the riff from the awesome funk song "Dusic", by Brick. To me that was a big part of what made ICP's savage diss so memorable.

Insane Clown Posse-"Nuttin But A Bitch Thang" (6.22 MB,192 Kbits/second)

http://www.bestsharing.com/files/GKiFQm249891/Insane%20Clown%20Posse-Nuttin%20But%20A%20Bitch%20Thang.MP3.html

Brick-"Dusic" (6.58 MB, 160 Kbits/second)

http://www.bestsharing.com/files/J6jL4249885/Brick%20-%20Dusic.mp3.html

I'll be back later in the week with a song that has become more well known nowadays due to its usage in an insurance commercial.

No comments: