Saturday, March 31, 2007

The Baby Bowl?

I remember my days in college at Illinois State University with many different feelings about the experience there. Ups and downs were plenty and yeah, in hindsight I would have done a ~lot~ of things differently. But overall I can't really complain as my time at the institution as I learned quite a bit and it helped me morph into the person I am today (good or bad!)

One thing I learned while I was there was that dance music can be pretty damn awesome. I was introduced to quite a bit of it and I still listen to it occasionally today. Encapsulating this huge genre is impossible to do in a brief manner; there are so many different styles and nuances to it… even putting up tracks is difficult to do as often it's a genre where the album and the DJ mix of many songs put together is much more important than one individual song. But, in the future I'll try to put up individual tunes that I happen to enjoy a hella lot.

For example, the song "Kernkraft 400", by Zombie Nation. No, the song isn't called "Zombie Nation", by Kernkraft 400. It's a song I first heard during my ISU days and it was well known amongst my peers, something unusual for a dance tune. It's still well-known even today. Imagine my horror then when I heard it used for a commercial, and not just for anything, but something horrifying called "Baby Madness". It looked to be an exact copy of the Puppy Bowl, an Animal Planet program designed for total morons; hey, watching THREE HOURS of puppies playing on a fake football field doing various puppy things (including crapping and pissing, presumably) is sure proof of the dumbing down of our society and a sign that if a TV station decided to program a few hours of someone jangling a set of car keys, it'd probably get great ratings; hey, car keys are shiny and bright and they make a lot of noise when you jangle them… someone online made a real similar comment concerning that idea and movies and more and more I'm starting to believe he was right.

The Puppy Bowl is horrifying enough but a ripoff of it involving babies just boggles my mind, and at least I'm not the only one who feels that way.

Oh yeah, the song… here it is so that you can "get down" at home when your favorite team hits the winning home run or whatever. It's the original album version, so there's an opening section that builds up to the main part of the song, and on the copy I had burned to disc way back in 2001, there unfortunately was a skip in the opening section; I found an exact copy of the song I had but this one has no skip in it; I figured all you guys deserve an MP3 with no errors in it whatsoever.

Zombie Nation-"Kernkraft 400" (5.09 MB, 128 Kbits/second)

http://www.bestsharing.com/files/tIWqT3O253000/Zombie%20Nation-Kernkraft%20400.mp3.html

I'll be back in a few days (at the latest) with another dance song to post.

No comments: