Friday, March 9, 2007

Hey, It's Better Than Cowboy Troy

Most of you know Snoop Dogg's Gin and Juice and some of you may have even heard of this tune, but the popular misconception was that it was done by those hippie stoners Phish. That was due to Napster; I never used that service myself, as back in the day I used to use the great service known as Audiogalaxy, back before they shut down and then reappeared a few years later in a new terrible form.

I first heard this in college, as I have to assume most people have. A country/bluegrass version of a rap song is always good for the WTF factor, but The Gourds (the real band behind the tune) did a nice job with it. Country is a genre which a lot of experimentation has not been done with it yet in terms of going into genres that have nothing to do with it, but who knows, in the future it may become more viable. After all, who could've imagined Nelly and Tim McGraw would've gotten together for a song, and it didn't turn out to be horrible?

The Gourds-"Gin and Juice" (8.86 MB, 192 Kbits/second)

http://www.bestsharing.com/files/SgP4Q239256/The%20Gourds-Gin%20and%20Juice.MP3.html

I'll be back in a week and a half as I'll be on vacation.

No comments: