Saturday, October 6, 2007

I Swear I'm Not Making This Up

Today is another day where I will post something that I heard in a recent commercial. I can't find evidence of this online, but I swear that I heard an ad for a "feminine" product, such as women's razors or something similar, use one of the main lines of an obscure song. I've only seen it once but if I can see it again then I can confirm it and prove I'm not pulling this out of my ass.

The song in question is The Beat Goes On/Switching To Glide, by The Kings. Yes, it's two songs but one runs into another and they're really the same tune, which is why they are always grouped together, and I've always heard the two together on the radio. Now, I've never heard the song played in Florida, but up in Illinois it wasn't uncommon on the stations that played classic rock, especially WXRX, back when they played classic and new rock. Now it's just new rock and it's not a good station, from the times I heard it when I was on vacation up there in the past few years.

Anyway, the song is quite catchy and is a nice slab of rock with synthesizers throughout. These guys were one hit wonders, for sure, but at least the one hit was quite unique and they were able to make it to American Bandstand.

The Kings-The Beat Goes On/Switching To Glide (7.84 MB, 192Kbits/second)

http://www.zshare.net/audio/4059624c0cfb7e/

I'll be back Tuesday night with the next upload.

No comments: