Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Led Zeppelin Goes Disco? No, But...

I apologize for no upload as of late, but the past few days have been chaotic. I already mentioned my strip club dalliances on Saturday night, which were after I went to a wrestling show in Port Richey, so that took up much of my Saturday. Then, Sunday was watching the Chicago Bears defeat the Philadelphia Eagles in what was mainly a bad game but hey, we at least won.

Then, after that there's been some friends of the family over so that naturally takes up time too, but I have time today to put up a song (finally) so I will put a song up by Led Zeppelin. The main reason why I put up this tune is that it was a bitch and a half to try and find online, so if any of you wanted to download it yourself, I'll save yourself the hassle and you can download it here.

The tune is something I wanted to have ever since I read on a forum recently that the song Carouselambra, which the poster liked, was nevertheless disliked by many Zep fans as, according to the person, it was like "Led Zeppelin going disco". I tried to find it, but for the longest time, I could find *every* song from the album In Through The Out Door except Carouselambra. To me it suggested that it must not be one of Zep's most beloved tunes. Finally, a few days ago I found it and I could put it on one of the 3 Led Zeppelin CD's I burned, not to mention put it up here.

Like I said, it's from In Through The Out Door and it's certainly the most synthesizer-heavy album they ever did. It's also the last album they recorded before Jon Bonham passed away the next year. Yeah, there was Coda but that was a few songs they recorded in the 70's and chose to release officially in 1982. Who knows what would've happened if Bonham wouldn't have died and they could have recorded new songs for the 80's and beyond. I heard that the band was growing tired of being on the road and all the grind that goes with being a huge rock band, but in terms of music, how would it have been? Would it be like In Through The Out Door or would have it been more guitars like their other albums?

Anyway, the album still has some cool songs that you probably know, like Fool In The Rain and All My Love, and cool songs you may not know but should, like In The Evening and South Bound Saurez.

Led Zeppelin-Carouselambra (14.52 MB, 192Kbits/second)

http://www.zshare.net/audio/4422225b8c203f/


I'll be back Friday night with a song that actually is a disco tune from a rock band that everyone knows, and you'll be stunned who did it if you have not had the pleasure of listening to the song before.

No comments: