Saturday, October 27, 2007

Yep, Everyone Did Disco Back Then

Okay, my apologies for posting this so late but I unexpectedly ran into some things that took up time, which is why it's being posted now. Sorry, everyone.

As I mentioned in my last blog, I would be posting a disco song from a rock band that you'd never think would do a disco song. Would you believe the song I'm posting is from... the Grateful Dead? Yes! I presume it was a decision made when they were especially stoned off their gourd one night.

For me, I'm mainly familiar with the band from its album songs, although I've downloaded some of their live songs, which are fine enough, but they aren't something I'd listen to all the time. I imagine the concert experience of seeing them live was something else, especially if you're on a whole slew of drugs at the time.

But, they do have some nice album songs that are nice to hear on the radio once in awhile, such as Truckin' and Touch of Grey. The disco song they did was Shakedown Street, from the 1978 album of the same name. I don't know what Deadheads thought of the song or album, but I think the song is pretty cool. That may say a lot about my musical tastes, but I recommend listening to the song just to see that the Dead did a fine job doing a tune that certainly is out of their usual genre.

Grateful Dead-Shakedown Street (6.84 MB, 192Kbits/second)

http://www.zshare.net/audio/4472805713ace8/

I'll be back on Wednesday night. That should give me enough time to think about which songs to post next, and plus maybe find a new service to post tunes on.

No comments: