Monday, July 23, 2007

All My Work Is Never Over

After attending Mako's in Orlando on Friday night (it's a nightclub that I've described many times before as "a nightclub… on crystal meth; I say that as it's an assault on the senses, with the bartenders and the other female employees there laying down often… for bodyshots… CO2 being shot off at random times, paper being flung about, lights, noise… it's awesome. The best part, though, is the giant swing they have in the front; for 20 bucks you can ride it and a girl or two pretty much humps you the entire time! No I haven't ridden the swing… yet) I was inspired to do this entry. You see, they played quite the mix of music there, from Straight Outta Compton to rock tunes to a lot of other stuff, including playing part of Daft Punk's "Harder Better Faster Stronger" from their 2001 "Discovery" album (which I burned from a friend... er, I mean...), then playing a song I first heard earlier in the summer, which was Kanye West sampling (!) the song for the first single off of his new album. I don't know about you, but his "Stronger" sucks balls compared to "Harder Better Faster Stronger"! Not even the video is any good, despite Daft Punk's cameo in it.

Kanye West is someone who I haven't liked for a long time now. I first heard of him shortly before "Through The Wire" came out. I liked that tune but since then everything else I've heard from him, whether it's in public or through his music, has just been shitty. The page that I linked under his name does a great job of giving some brief examples of why he's a stupid ignorant asshole, which only adds to the fact that every other song I've heard from him after Wire has just been bad and not entertaining to me, a guy who tends to like more than his fair share of "popular" hip-hop.

Anyway, I figured the original song was worth an upload as with Stronger, a lot more people will be familiar with that wildly inferior tune rather than the great original song that Kanye used. Plus, will Kanye's song result in some random a capella group covering it to great effect? I think not!

Daft Punk-Harder Better Faster Stronger (192Kbits/second)

http://www.zshare.net/audio/28318484a31edd/

Here is another song from the Discovery album, but this time it wasn't released as a single. I mainly chose it as it sounds SO 80's that you feel you're on an episode of Miami Vice (either that or playing Vice City). Speaking of 80's, the title of the song has nothing to do with the movie of the same name. Still, I like more input, and as you can never forget, Los Locos will kick your balls into outer space.

Daft Punk-Short Circuit (192Kbits/second)

http://www.zshare.net/audio/2831957f1efa4e/

I'll be back by Thursday night with another dance tune.

No comments: