Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Songs To Play To P*** Off Your Neighbors

I'm referring to the story I've heard in many different places (it almost seems like an urban legend) where someone would crank up AC/DC as loud as they could in order to upset their neighbors, especially if it was an apartment. The song I remember being connected to the story was "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap" (or if you're a lot of people, "Thirty Thieves And The Thunder Chief").

I bring that up as today I'm posting an AC/DC tune, but it's not one you hear on the radio, so you may be unfamiliar with it. It was very early on in their career, and wasn't even released in the U.S. until the 80's on the album Jailbreak '74. That album is short, but I've heard Jailbreak and the song I'm posting today, Baby Please Don't Go, and I like 'em both.

Baby Please Don't Go was originally a blues song written and first performed by Big Joe Williams, a guy I don't know a whole lot about, but the song was well-known to many, as it's been covered countless numbers of time, including here by AC/DC, who give it a great rock workout. If you want to f'ing rock, man, download this. It's not your typical sounding AC/DC song, IMO, but hey, it's pretty Goddamn good and very catchy, by my estimation. Plus, in one performance on TV, Bon Scott wore an outfit you'd have to see for yourself.

AC/DC-Baby Please Don't Go (4.43 MB, 128Kbits/second)

http://www.zshare.net/audio/2641417b1f9612/

I'll be back on Friday afternoon. It will be a song from the 80's that you'll probably recognize from its usage in some commercials a few years ago.

No comments: